This is a full time, on-site, salaried UI Visual Designer position located in New York City paying 110,000 to 150,000 per year depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates preferred. Full job/client details shared with qualified applicants.
Our client is disrupting the global luxury industry by showcasing a new lifestyle-product each day, hand selected by celebrity curators. Life is crazy enough, so we’re helping people cut through the noise to bring them a host of fashion, food, beauty, accessories, home décor, travel, and tech.
Have you worked on/for luxury, high-end brands, in fashion or travel? In this sector, if you’ve worked on e-com or retail experiences, or long-form magazine editorial deliverables, and email, landing page and micro-site designs. We want to hear from you if you can check off 2 or more of the above.
* Own and design flows, experiences, storyboards and mockups of our UI system from our consumer-facing site, our vendor-facing portal, and marketing that are elegantly simple, consistent and scalable to accommodate future features
* Research to uncover best- or common-practices, analogous studies to work out and validate designs
* Work iteratively with the UX Architect, our Sr. Art Director, Product Managers, and Engineering to nurture concepts and features from idea to final product
* Your turnaround time will be in terms of half-days for quick fixes to days for research to weeks for larger scale projects. You will be busy
* Be part of our build and QA process, working with our engineers and product managers to push products live
* Do it all over again, to improve features and products based on real-world usage and business goals
* Flesh-out, evolve and mature our current v1.0 visual and interaction language and patterns, for at-a-glance understanding and overall joy
* Passionate about icons that are restrained for recognizability, yet distinct enough to convey our brand
* Provide pixel-perfect production quality assets to front-end developers
* 6+ years out of design school, 3+ years UI experience on e-comm, app and marketing UI, in agency environments, or something close
* You always put yourself in the users shoes, brains and heart, and can easily imagine motivating them on their worst day
* You know to get out from behind the desk and watch how the real world accomplishes analogous tasks, or are motivated to engage in a product or experience
* You’re good being the glue between Product and Engineering, translating product ideas into concepts and designs that work
* Detail-oriented and committed to creating great experiences, knowing details and nuances matter, because you love shipping beautiful products
* You’re part UI, part Visual Designer, part Hollywood FX designer, part Product Designer, and pure Magician, and you will balance feedback and requirements from an equal number of stakeholders (marketing, content, editorial, merchandizing, art and product)
* Solves problems from an underlying sense of structure and metaphor to guide decisions and promote site-wide consistency
* Understanding of responsive design
* Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and pen/paper/scissors prototyping when necessary
* Keeps sharp by keeping up with emerging trends, common practices in design, tech and even high end fashion
* Organized and able to share your ideas visually and verbally
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume, portfolio and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com